What’s on the toddler menu this week?! I’m going back to the Old Faithful, Quiche. My son has decided that he no longer likes spinach. The one green veggie I could get in him when all others failed and now it’s a no go….ugh! What’s a mom to do?!?! Take on the challenge of making baby eat something healthy that they don’t like by masking it. Quiche makes a beautiful masking agent. Quiche and spinach, sounds good to me. Here’s what I came up with.
Turkey and Spinach Mini Quiche
Ingredients: 4 Eggs, 1 C. Whole Milk, Salt, Pepper, 1 C. Spinach, 1 C. Turkey Deli Meat, Shredded Cheese (cheddar, swiss, mozzarella), Glass of wine for the chef
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut turkey into small pieces (I’ve found it easiest to roll several turkey slices up and slice)
3. Rinse and shred spinach (stack leaves, cut off as much of the stem as possible, roll the leaves and cut into strips)
4. Mix eggs and milk, salt and pepper to taste, whisk mixture together
5. Layer a pinch of turkey in the bottom of an oven safe baby food container or cupcake pan, top with pinch of spinach, then shredded cheese
6. Pour egg mixture over top of turkey, spinach and cheese, fill food pod 3/4 way full with egg mixture, Quiche will expand
7. Bake on a cookie sheet in 350 degrees oven for 45mins-50mins
8. Let cool, serve, refrigerate, or freeze
9. Bon appe’tit baby!
Verdict: Win! This Quiche makes great finger food. It freezes and thaws well. This recipe makes nine 2.6oz portions. I served it with carrots and tomatoes. My little loves it and I hope yours will too. Let me know if you give these a try! Check out more finger food recipes here.
Respect, kindness and love begin with babies…we must show them the way!
This post contains affiliate links to items I personally find useful. I have not been compensated by the manufacturers for purchasing or promoting any of these products. I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using my link at no cost to you.