What’s new on the menu this week?!
Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato & Turkey Finger Foods:
My son likes Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes but hasn’t had ground turkey yet, so I thought I would give this blend a try.
Ingredients: Bag of Brussels sprouts, 1 sweet potato, 1lb ground turkey, onion, minced garlic, olive oil
- Peel and cube sweet potato into bite size pieces
- Toss in olive oil and place in greased casserole dish
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 40-45 mins, until soft
- Rinse and eighth Brussels sprouts
- Place sprouts in food processor and steam
- Brown turkey in frying pan.
- I threw in some minced garlic and onions for flavor, however this is optional. I also added a dash of salt and pepper to taste. My goal was to have all of the ingredients cooking at the same time and I did!
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Let cool, serve, refrigerate or freeze in food containers (I personally really like my Tutti Bimbi food trays)
- Bon appe’tit baby!
If your little is eating finger foods, give this recipe a try and let me know what he/she thinks about it! Thinking about offering your baby finger foods?! Check out my article on Introducing Finger Foods.
Respect, kindness and love begin with babies…we must show them the way!