The weekend went so fast and here it is Monday. My baby is finally asleep. Since the day he turned one, he has refused his afternoon nap, ugh! I pray it’s just a bump in the road. I really need those two naps a day for my sanity. Fingers crossed he’ll get back on track. We were busy with the birthday boy all weekend. I was going to share his birthday cupcake recipe with you all for Menu Monday, but they came from a box, I cannot tell a lie. So that’s not very exciting. Since we were so busy with birthday festivities, I didn’t get a chance to get real creative in the kitchen, but here’s what I came up with to keep baby’s menu interesting:
Ham & Asparagus Baby Quiche:
Ingredients: Eggs, Whole Milk, Salt, Pepper, Ham, Asparagus, Shredded Cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Crack four eggs and place in bowl
- Pour in one cup of whole milk
- Add dash of salt and pepper
- Whisk mixture together and sit aside
- Rinse and cut off asparagus tips
- Cut ham in small pieces (I’ve found it easiest to roll several ham slices up and slice)
- Layer a few tips of asparagus, ham, and 1/2 teaspoon of cheese in an oven safe baby food container or cupcake pan, I mixed cheddar and mozzarella shredded cheeses (I’m excited that my Tutti Bimbi trays are oven safe up to 460 degrees)
- Pour egg mixture over top of asparagus, ham and cheese, fill food pod 3/4 way full with egg mixture, quiche will expand
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for 45mins-50mins
- Let cool, serve, refrigerate, or freeze
- Bon appe’tit baby!
I’m pleased to report that this has been a hit with my son. He’s very cautious at first, I guess the egg texture is a little weird. After I get him started with a few spoon bites, he gobbles it up. He may not tomorrow, there’s no telling with him but for now, I’ll be making this again and trying different variations. Keep an eye out! I was able to make an adult quiche for my husband and I at the same time, win-win! Give this recipe a try and please let me know how it goes. Check out last weeks baby friendly recipe Rosemary and Garlic Beef, Carrots and Potatoes.
Respect, kindness and love begin with babies…we must show them the way!