I took my baby for his nine month wellness visit today. No shots at this visit, thank goodness! Fisher weighed 18lbs and was 28″ long. He’s a little guy but the doc was not concerned. She said it was just how he was meant to be. The doc checked all the routine things: head circumference, lungs, temperature, skin, eyes, and ears. All checked out, woohoo! She predicted Fisher will walk around 11 months old, yikes! The doc gave us some good tips for raising a nine month old so I thought I would share.
- Make baby’s environment safe so you are not constantly saying “no”
- Be consistent
- Take time for yourself and your partner
- Give baby 3 meals and 2-3 snacks daily
- Start giving more table foods
- Avoid forcing baby to eat
- Babies may refuse a new food 10 times before they will try it
- Do not give baby soft drinks, tea, coffee, or flavored drinks
- Continue to use a rear-facing car seat in the back seat
- Do not leave heavy or hot items on tablecloths that baby can pull down-experienced this one first hand-yikes!
- Have daily routines for baby
- Make the hour before bedtime loving and calm
- Talk, sing, and read to baby daily
- Avoid scaring or yelling at baby
- Keep poisons, medications and cleaning supplies out of baby’s sight and reach and locked up
- Call poison control if you are worried your child has eaten something harmful: 1-800-222-1222
I thought these were great suggestions, hope you find them helpful! I was finally able to get my little guy’s nine month sticker pics. It was much more difficult at this age but I managed to get some cute ones. I know one day I will look back and be glad I did it. Thanks for taking your time to read this, now go and enjoy a baby 👶!